Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Long Time No See

So, it's been a while...
Since my last post, I accomplished one goal: I did the Augusta 70.3 on September 26. It was great.
I started tri-ing to get back in shape, and by September I was in as good a shape as I've been in years. Not where I wanted to be, mind you, but not bad.
It was an excellent race. I had several personal goals:
1. Survive...check
2. Under 6:00:00...check
3. Under 5:45:00...oh, well.
I had a good swim. Of course, that's my strong suit. In fact, I came out of the water about 220th overall. Not bad out of over 3,400 entrants.
Then the bike was...well, amazing! I had put in a lot of time on the bike and it paid off. I wanted to finish the bike in under 3 hours, and I finished in just under 2:45.
Then came the run. I'm not much of a runner. And, apparently, the bike was too good. Got off the bike, got through T2, and as soon as I started running my quads cramped. I had to fight off cramps the entire 13.1 miles.
Lessons learned.
Then, I basically took October-December off, gained weight back, fell way out of shape, and am now (you know, New Year and all) starting to train again.
Lessons learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment